Lark Music’s tips for Songs on your Wedding Day!
July 21, 2018
Music plays a vital role in your special day and we’re not just saying that because we’re … well… musicians! Ask anyone about the early days of their relationship and most of the time couples attended gigs together made lasting memories to a soundtrack. Here at Lark Music we want to enhance your day with YOUR favourite music.
Take some time to decide on the music for your big day and compile a list of tunes that you absolutely love and even those that you hate. Send them over to the band and if they cannot play them live I am sure they will be able to pop recordings on in the set break.
You’ll find that our band can play just about anything. From Queen and The Beatles to Beyonće, Bruno and Pharrel.. we cover it all. Check out a selection from our band songlist to see tunes for classy acoustic sets, dance floor hits, bridal dances and sing-along classics.
Here’s a sample of our favourites for inspiration for the perfect atmosphere, full dance floors and sing-a-longs:
- Ain’t no Mountain High EnoughMarvin Gaye
- Billie jean Michael Jackson
- Blame it on the boogie Jackson 5
- Everybody needs somebody Blues Bros
- Heard it through the grapevineMarvin Gaye
- I feel good James Brown
- Kiss Prince
- Let’s stay together Al Green
- Mustang sally Wilson Pickett
- My girl Temptations
- Play that funky music Wild Cherry
- Proud Mary Ike and Tina Turner
- Respect Aretha Franklin
- Sexual Healing Marvin Gaye
- Shake a tailfeather Ray Charles
- Signed, sealed, delivered Stevie Wonder
- Superstition Stevie Wonder
- The way you make me feel Michael Jackson
What songs should we choose specifically?
There are special moments on your day that should be highlighted with your favourite songs. Here are some moments which should feature your favourites.
- The Processional: When the bridal party and the bride make their entrance.
- The Signing of the register: Have two songs up your sleeve just in case.
- The Recessional: As the bride and groom walk back down the aisle and out of the ceremony site.
- Bridal Party Announcement
- Bride and Groom Announcement
- Cake Cutting
- First Dance
- Father / Daughter Dance
- Mother / Son Dance
You don’t have to do all of these but this is just a start to get the creative juices flowing. Why not try your hand at writing something simple for your loved one? It’s never too late to learn!
If you’re needing any help on booking entertainment for your big day please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here at Lark Music. We specialise in weddings and making the day special.
“The true beauty of music is that is connects people” – Roy Ayers